Harry Reid Election Results

One of the most well known politicians in the United States for the past year has been Harry Reid. Reid found himself in the news after he was given the title as Senate Majority Leader after the Republicans took control of the Senate earlier this year.

While he was considered the Majority Leader, Reid still had to fight his way through an ugly election to remain as a Senator, representing the State of Nevada.

Reid ran against Sharron Angle, who became quite popular with the Tea Party following her accusation that Reid would not be strong enough to impose actual action to take care of any problem with illegal aliens in this country.

While Angle put up a good fight, Reid ultimately won the election by a comfortable margin. Reid ended up receiving over 360,000 votes, which was good enough for 55% of the total vote. Angle took home the majority of the remaining 45%.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *